Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I download latest version of Spring Insight?

Where can I find latest version of Spring Insight with latest plugins?

You can't download insight directly (at least not for now)

Insight is packaged with tc server:

• Insight developer edition is packaged with tc server developer edition (which is also bundled with STS)
    • Insight for operations is packaged with tc server enterprise edition

Comment

Is it then possible to upgrade to 1.9.x? I would like to install some of the plugins that are availabile from the github repo.
      Or is it possible to aquire a copy of 1.9.x?

Comment

Spring Insight 1.9.x has not been publicly released yet. Latest GA version is 1.8.3.

1.9.2 GA is scheduled to early April 2013.

Comment

Howcome that there are already plugins available for 1.9.x?

Comment

That's because the master branch is work in progress towards the 1.9.x release. But that does not necessarily mean the version is released. Please note we open sourced only the plugins portion of the product which, admittedly, creates the false impression that the version has already been rolled out. We're looking into ways to fix that.

For now you can get the 1.8.3 plugins by selecting its branch (https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...-1.8.3.RELEASE).

Comment

Thanks for your explanation.
              It clears a lot!

Comment

Checkout https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...eloper-edition

Comment

*downloading*
                  Thank you for noticing!

Comment

Originally posted by edvir View Post
                    Spring Insight 1.9.x has not been publicly released yet. Latest GA version is 1.8.3.

1.9.2 GA is scheduled to early April 2013.
                    Early April 2013 is already there. Is there a new release date for 1.9.3 ?
                    I am waiting especially for new insight plugins for spring webflow.

Comment

GA date has been pushed out a bit to April 24th.

Comment

I am still confused on how to get the insight template so I can add it to a tc server standard edition.
                        The last time I needed to do this the insight template was available as a download (v1.5SR3 ~Dec 2011)

The following instructions say to download the agent and dashboard, however I don't see these as an option in either my vmware vFabric downloads or as a public download anymore.

http://pubs.vmware.com/vfabric5/inde...s/install.html

So far the only other download options I can find is the springsource.org/insight page which indicates an older v1.5 insight being bundled with developer and STS and an even old v1.0 insight on the "More Download Options" page:

http://www.springsource.org/insight/download-choose

Is there a reson why the templete is not being offered as it's own download??

Can it be taken from the Developer edition and used on tc standard edition?

Is there still a place to get at least the insight agent and dashboard for a standard edition 2.6.2 tomcat 7 as referenced in the vmware link?

Thanks
                        Last edited by Signal; May 15th, 2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X