X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shachar View Post
    [LIST=1][*] What are the "Program Arguments" you used?
    Here you go...
    Code:
    --configuration=default -b 0.0.0.0 -Djboss.server.base.url=file:/C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/server/ -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-03 -L=C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/server/default/lib/insight-annotation-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar -L=C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/server/default/lib/insight-bootstrap-jboss-5.1.0.GA-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar -L=C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/server/default/lib/insight-intercept-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar -L=C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/server/default/lib/insight-util-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar

• Can you describe your application:
      • Is it a WAR or an EAR application?
      • Are you using a datasource defined in the server? or the datasource is defined in the application?
      • From where the Hibernate (or JDBC) jars are loaded?
        • from the application class loader - they are located in my-app/WEB-INF/lib
        • from the shared class loader - they are located in my-server/lib
        • from the system class loader - they are defined in the classpath
    My application is an online booking system deployed to IBM Websphere portal. It talks via spring remoting with a service layer running on JBoss built using spring/hibernate/CXF. We are having performance issues with one of the modules in the service layer. Thats where we want spring insight to help and identify the performance bottlenecks.

The service layer is deployed as an .ear file on Jboss. The datasources are defined on the server.

The hibernate jar files are loaded from jbosass/common/lib.

BTW, I tried adding @InsightOperation and @InsightEndPoint annotations to the methods in one of the methods that I was sure of being called, but this didn't change anything on what I was seeing on the dashboard.

Do I need to do something more, in order to see how long a method takes to execute, and what each method is doing (like calling other methods, database operations etc)...

Thanks
    Guru

Comment

The next files should be located under C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/lib:
      • insight-annotation-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar
      • insight-bootstrap-jboss-5.1.0.GA-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar
      • insight-intercept-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar
      • insight-util-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar

(make sure to delete the above from C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/server/default/lib after you copied them to C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/lib)

You don't need the equal sign between the -L option and its value, so your "Program Arguments" should look like this:
      Code:
      --configuration=default -b 0.0.0.0 -Djboss.server.base.url=file:/C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/server/ -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-03 -L C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/lib/insight-annotation-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar -L C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/lib/insight-bootstrap-jboss-5.1.0.GA-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar -L C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/lib/insight-intercept-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar -L C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/lib/insight-util-1.8.3.RELEASE.jar

Comment

Thanks. On Windows, the jboss server does not start if I don't have the equal sign between the -L option and its value..
        I tried it deleting the insight jars from jboassas/lib folder and leaving them just under server/default/lib, and still I don't see anything other than HTTP summary, request& response headers and on the dashboard.. Is there anything else missing?

Comment

You need the jar files under jbossas/lib and not under server/default/lib

One more thing, what is the server configuration you are using? Is it cos or default?

Comment

You need the jar files under jbossas/lib and not under server/default/lib

One more thing, what is the server configuration you are using? Is it cos or default?
            Now I use default profile, and not cos, as you suggested to start from scratch.

Ok, I removed the jar files from default/lib, moved them to jboassas/lib and restart the server, I saw this line in the logs,
            Code:
            2012-12-12 12:34:56,714 INFO  [STDOUT] (main) ASPECTJ: aspectj.overweaving=true: overweaving switched ON
            But I see new exceptions now..

Code:
            Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.springsource.insight.InsightAgentClassloadingHelper from BaseClassLoader@214c759a{vfsfile:/C:/JBoss/Spring-Insight/jboss-eap-exe-5.1/jboss-as/server/default/deploy/jbossweb.sar/}
            	at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseClassLoader.loadClass(BaseClassLoader.java:477)
            	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
            	... 143 more
            and
            Code:
            Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.springsource.insight.bootstrap.jboss.JBossApplicationLifecycleCollectionAspect
            Does it mean progress or I am back to square one?

Comment

No,

The missing class is in insight-intercept jar file, I believe that the problem is with the -L syntax.

Try to change
              Code:
              -L=<path to jar file>
              to
              Code:
              -L  file:/<path to jar file>

Comment

No,

The missing class is in insight-intercept jar file, I believe that the problem is with the -L syntax.

Try to change
                Code:
                -L=<path to jar file>
                to
                Code:
                -L  file:/<path to jar file>
                YAY!!!!!! Its working now.
                I am able to see all kinds of details, its awesome. Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Great, and it only took ~40 posts

Enjoy Insight

Comment

Working...
                  X