Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Error deploying Grails app with spring insight - "Unable to create trace." Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error deploying Grails app with spring insight - "Unable to create trace."

Hello,
    I am attempting to deploy a grails application to tcserver w. insight enabled, and I am receiving the following error over and over in insight.log:

[com.springsource.insight.dashboard.ExecutorTraceCr eator][quartzSchedulerWorker-1] - Unable to create trace. The application may be terminating or the Trace processing queue is full. Traces may be coming in too fast, or the queue processor may be handling entries too slowly.

A few additional details:
    • The server I am running on is pretty powerful, and I am able to run other grails apps on tcserver + insight without hitting this issue.
    • This is a test site, not being accessed by anybody other than myself, so the problem can't be related to the number of hits to the web server.
    • This application is using the quartz plugin with Grails 1.3.7. I have a background job configured to do database maintenance, and send out user notifications via email. Could this be somehow related?

Any help would be appreciated, Spring Insight is a great tool, and I think it would be very helpful for this project. Thank you for your time!

-Mike

Mike,

It looks like you are using the dev edition for this. That's fine for normal development, but if you have any sort of load I would switch to Insight Operations. The dev edition doesn't have the filtering and aggregation of the insight agent and it handles traces one at a time. We haven't had the need to make this easy to reconfigure the dev edition for higher loads (yet).

Anyways; essentially what this means is that the traceCreatingExecutor has been filled to capacity; so if you have to use this version I'd suggest changing the executor settings in app-config-base.xml inside of the WEB-INF folder to have a larger thread pool and queue. This is certainly outside the normal scope of support, but it may get you going temporarily.

I'll see if we can get the dev-edition configuration more in-line with that of the Insight Agent.

-John

Comment

Working...
    X