Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Cannot Run Insight with STS 2.8 and Vmware VFabric 2.5 tcservier Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Run Insight with STS 2.8 and Vmware VFabric 2.5 tcservier

Hi,

I have read about Insight and would like to run our web app through it. However, I can't seem to get the basics going.

I installed the 2.8 version of STS. I have the VFabric 2.5 development server as one of the available servers. In a brand new workspace I added a server, but have been unable to start it. Every time I try to start up the server it fails with this error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.springsource.insight.collection.tcserver.reque st.HttpRequestOperationCollectionValve

I have the following lines in my context.xml and yet it still cannot seem to fine the valve class:

<Valve className="com.springsource.insight.collection.tcs erver.request.HttpRequestOperationCollectionValve" />
    <Loader loaderClass="com.springsource.insight.collection.t cserver.ltw.TomcatWeavingInsightClassLoader"/>
    <Listener className="com.springsource.insight.collection.tcs erver.lifecycle.ApplicationLifecycleCollectionList ener"/>

The context.xml file is in my Servers\VMware vFabric tc Server Developer Edition v2.6-config directory of my workspace. Its also in my vfabric-tc-server-developer-2.6.1.RELEASE/conf directory as well.

I feel like there must be something straight forward that I am missing or not doing or haven't done correctly.

Is there a tutorial or installation guide or "Getting Started" guide that might help?

Any guidance would be appreciated. I am trying to convince my group that Insight might help us diagnose some performance problems we have been experiencing.

Thanks
Working...
X