X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• referencing local MBeanServer on Weblogic 8.1

On weblogic 8.1 and spring 1.2.5, I am attempting to use WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean to reference the weblogic MBeanServer within my managed server. The issue is that the WeblogicMBeanServerFactoryBean is demanding that i supply it with serverUrl, username, password, and servername. Since I would like this configuration to work on any node in my cluster and on any environment, I would rather not supply this information. I know programatically I can gain reference to this MBeanServer without using environment specific server information. For example:

Code:
    mBeanHome = (MBeanHome) new InitialContext().lookup(MBeanHome.LOCAL_JNDI_NAME);
    MBeanServer server = mBeanHome.getMBeanServer();
    I can implement my own custom weblogic mbean server factory bean, but I was wondering if this is possible with the jmx mbean factory beans available out of box.

Thanks.

-karl

1. you can create a look-up class to find the mbean server and send the credentials.
    2. raise an issue on JIRA and the functionality will be added to the official distribution (I don't think it's in there).

Comment

1. you can create a look-up class to find the mbean server and send the credentials.
      That is true, but might as well just roll out my own WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean at that point since in either case i will have to look up the MBeanServer.

2. raise an issue on JIRA and the functionality will be added to the official distribution (I don't think it's in there).
      I will raise the issue in Jira and attach my own custom WeblogicMBeanServerFactoryBean. Or should I modify the existing WeblogicMBeanServerFactoryBean? Think that might make more sense.

Comment

Jira issue raised.

Thanks.

-karl

Comment

Working...
        X