Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMX with complex data types

Hello,

We're working on a project based on Spring. In order to control our beans and classes, we've chosen JMX. We are working with annotations (simplest XML possible).

We've created a @Service bean (lets call it A) that is also a @ManagedResource. This bean contains another non-bean complex class (lets call it B, B is not a simple int or string type but rather a user defined class), which is defined as a @ManagedResource as well. We tried to expose B as a @ManagedAttribute. Of course that we've exposed B's attributes with @ManagedAttributes as well.

When we try to connect to this structure via JMX, we're getting RMI exception and no-data in the B leaf node.

Any help we'll be very appreciated.

have lok @
    Code:
    javax.management.openmbean.CompositeData

Comment

javax.management.openmbean.CompositeData

I have the same problem. I understand that there are mbeans and mxbeans, and for my needs I should use the mxbean. when I do so, it really exposes the inner complex-type (B as states in the first post of this thread), it looks perfect for me ... I can see all the attributes and even collection if specified of the inner complex type. the problem is that I can't edit them. I tried everything and I can't seem to find a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I couldn't find anything about doing the above with spring so I just used native JMX. if there is something I missed please let me know.

Thanks a lot!!

Comment

Working...
      X