Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMX 1.0 support

Hi,

From what I have seen in the documentation, it's possible to create proxies to remote MBeans via the MBeanProxyFactoryBean class. Does Spring provide a similar Proxy factory for JMX 1.0 MBean servers ? I need to access remote Mbeans on Weblogic server 8.1 and JMX 1.0 is really cumbersome.

Thanks,
    bengali.

I don't think it was ever tried but you can be the first . JMX 1.0 is a really old specification as you now and there are quite a lot of improvements inside 1.2 that should be considered. I worked with 1.0 and some things were unclear that why a lot of vendors added their own extensions in 1.0.

I think the best approach would be to see the differences between 1.0 and 1.2 - run the tests and do a simple test application against 1.0 and see how it works. If you can isolate the changes and post them somewhere, someone (me) might work on support for 1.0

Comment

Proxy-based access to JMX 1.0 resources was explicitly *not* supported because of the age of the specification. If enough people are interested in this I will consider adding it to the framework.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by costin
        I don't think it was ever tried but you can be the first . JMX 1.0 is a really old specification as you now and there are quite a lot of improvements inside 1.2 that should be considered.
        I know it's old but that's the version of the not so old Weblogic server 8.1. And I didn't want to use Weblogic's proprietary proxies.
        I finally managed to create JDK dynamic proxies to remote MBeans using the "JdkJmxObjectProxyFactory" of an old Spring version ;-)

Thanks
        bengali

Comment

Working...
        X