Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desmax
    started a topic Manage Servlet Filter

Manage Servlet Filter

I have the necessity to manage the behavior of a servlet filter, but i have a doubt how to proceed.
    The filter it's not a bean, to register with a MBean with Spring JMX, perhaps FilterToBeanProxy used in Acegi can help me ?
    Someone has suggestions ?

• Costin Leau
    replied
    You need to find some way of communicating with the filter instance(s) which are not under Spring control. First of all see what the specs say about filters - do they create only one instance per server or per request(I think it's this one).
    If that's the case then you'd better find some way of externalizing the configuration - use JNDI to publish a configuration object; the filters will read it or smth while your JMX bean will act directly on it, forcing the filters to act as they should.
    In case you want just a read-only access it's pretty easy, if you want write also then you get into some synchronization issues.

Leave a comment:

• kdkooter
    replied
    Just a sugestion: delegate the filter behaviour to a pojo that is controlled (and publsihed as an MBean) by spring. In the intialization of the filter you get a reference to this bean using
    Code:
    WebApplicationContextUtils.  getWebApplicationContext(servletContext).getBean("yourBean")

Leave a comment:

Working...
X