Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to create mbean for specific object instances mapped to spring beans? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create mbean for specific object instances mapped to spring beans?

I have an application that uses the Oracle ATG framework. I'm exploring the possibility of using Spring to create JMX mbeans to control instances of ATG components.

There is something in ATG called the "Spring-ATG" bridge. This provides a factory method that I can use to get an ATG component, which can be used to define a Spring bean. This will be prototype scope even though it's still sort of a singleton. The default use of this particular API call in ATG allows for a "single-use" creation of a single Spring bean from an ATG component. I can use another API in ATG to "walk" an instance tree (very analogous to the Spring package path used for component scanning) and create Spring beans for every ATG component I find.

I guess I can then use some variation of the MBeanExporter that will dynamically compute its "beans" list from the prototype instances created by this process.

Are any of these pieces familiar to anyone? can anyone see any obvious things that I've missed, or any recommendations?
Working...
X