Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
JMX, Interfaces, JConsole plugins and MBeanTrustPermission oddities Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMX, Interfaces, JConsole plugins and MBeanTrustPermission oddities

Here goes.

My code started out pretty simple.

Code:
    @ManagedResource(objectName = "tf:name=testDirector", persistPolicy = "OnUpdate")
    public class TestDirector extends NotificationBroadcasterSupport { 
    It has a few ManagedOperations too. And the spring config was pretty short and sweet too (courtesy of Spring 2.5)

Code:
    <context:mbean-export />
    	<bean id="testDirector"
    		class="com.dude.testdirector.TestDirector"
    		p:testSpecificationManager-ref="testSpecificationManager"/>
    I could bring it up in JConsole, no problem. Everything ran smooth, like a charm. Then my boss decided he wanted something fancier so a co-worker souped up a JConsole plugin.

But in order to to access the TestDirector from his JConsole plugin, he had to create an interface for all the ManagedOperations. So the code changed.

Code:
    @ManagedResource(objectName = "tf:name=testDirector", persistPolicy = "OnUpdate")
    public class TestDirector extends NotificationBroadcasterSupport implements TestDirectorMBean {
    However, once that implementation piece is added, when I attempt to launch my program, I now get a MBeanTrustPermission error.

Code:
    Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'mbeanExporter': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jmx.export.UnableToRegisterMBeanException: Unable to register MBean [com.dude.testdirector.TestDirector@17f11fb] with key 'testDirector'; nested exception is java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (javax.management.MBeanTrustPermission register)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1362)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:540)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:485)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:455)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:169)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:170)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:413)
            at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:735)
            at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:369)
            at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:124)
            at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:68)
            at com.dude.testdirector.Launcher.getTestDirectorContext(Launcher.java:18)
            at com.dude.testdirector.Launcher.getTestDirector(Launcher.java:13)
            at com.dude.testdirector.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:25)
    Without the interface, the plugin can't call this line

Code:
    td =  JMX.newMBeanProxy(server, objectName, TestDirectorMBean.class, false);
    So that's my problem. I know I can add the grant permission in the java.policy file, but I'd rather not give all access to everything on every machine I deploy this on. That'd be bad news.

Anybody have any thoughts on that one? Thanks.

I should also mention that I tried setting up my own java.policy file and calling it through the commandline -D properties, but at that point, Spring wouldn't connect the classes together based on a bogus "ambiguous constructor" error. And I had to add a bunch of stuff to the policy file in order to get the right permissions in the first place. (read,write *, ...).

Anything?

Comment

Did you find out?

Comment

Originally posted by oualidg View Post
        Did you find out?
        I did not. We determined the product in question wasn't going to be distributed, used the crazy java.policy and moved on to other more pressing matters. Sorry, no help from me.

Comment

Working...
        X