Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification publishing using JMX spring

Hi,

I am having a problem where the notification publisher is never set. I have a null pointer exception when attempting to send a notification. I was hoping someone could shed some light on why the Notification publisher is never set by the container?

Thanks

found solution

Hey springframe123,

After many hours of tracing the source I gave up and contacted spring support. They discovered that when using the MBeanExporter class programmatically, the NotificationPublisher is NOT injected into the MBean. This bug is fix in the newest snapshot on Oct 4th I believe. I am using this snapshot and everything is working according to plan.

Let me know if I can be any more help!

Comment

I have the same problem, I spend many hours searching why this didn't work but I didn't have so lucky like you, you save me a lot of time posting this answer, please you can tell me where I can find this snapshot, if you can send me the address I will thanks you a lot. I feel better now, I thought that all my work was wrong.

Comment

I have a problem doing this example, i almost copy your code into my example but it didn't work. It give me a java.lang.NullPointerException, I think that error is because for some reason Spring is not injecting the NotificationPublisher instance into me MBean, but I don't know how can I fix this. Please can you help me?

Business School Rankings
        Best MBA Programs

Comment

Working...
        X