Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMIConnector @ WebSphere 6.1

Hi all,

I need to connect with the RMIConnector of WAS 6.1. Actually I have already read 'several hundred' of WAS documentation pages but I still continue to have problems to connect to the WAS RMIConnector server via JConsole. Partically I used Spring's ConnectorServerFactoryBean to create my connector server and fortunately I was able to connect to my application via JMX. So I thought ok, using JConsole now I can just read the port where the RMIConnector server is listening simply calling the method getProperies() (view attachment) on jmx exposed bean Websphere --> RMIConnector-->getProperies() and the result was that the port was the 9820. Checking my app this port corresponds to the BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS, I always thought that e port was the ORB_LISTENER_ADDRESS... So I tried different services urls:
    Code:
    service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://:9820/RMIConnector
    service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi:/localhost:9820/RMIConnector
    service:jmx:iiop:///jndi/iiop://:9820/RMIConnector
    service:jmx:iiop:///jndi/iiop:/localhost:9820/RMIConnector
    non of them worked..

Googling I discovered also this document:http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...hancements.pdf
    and following the page n 13 I tried also:
    Code:
    service:jmx:iiop://localhost:9820/jndi/RMIConnector
    service:jmx:rmi://localhost:9820/jndi/RMIConnector
    service:jmx:iiop:///:9820/jndi/RMIConnector
    service:jmx:rmi:///:9820/jndi/RMIConnector
    None of them works!

Is there somebody that can explain me Websphere's JMX magic? I just want to connect to the WAS RMIConnector
    via JConsole...

Thank you all.
Working...
X