Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 2.0.1 JMX & WLS9.1

Hi Everybody,

I would like to intergrate my JMX beans into the WLS9.1 console.

I have seen some examples on the internet and the dev2dev site but I am having a little difficulty.

Firstly: I have found references to spring-ext-server.jar & spring-ext-client.jar. Having searched the bea site I found the spring126_on_wls91.zip containing the spring-ext-server.jar but not the spring-ext-client.jar (where do I get this from ?)

Secondly: The examples are based on a single war file deployment. We have a single homogeneous ear deployment (clustered with apache load balancers) containing several war files and ejb-jar files as well as many other jar files (shared across the classloader for the individual parts) deployed in the WLS APP-INF/lib directory.

following is a section of my applicationContext.xml file defining the settup for the mbeanServer the JMX Assembler and the Spring WLS consoleAdaptor.

Code:
    	<!-- MBean Server -->
    	<bean id="ecrm-mbeanServer" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
    		<property name="jndiName" value="java:comp/env/jmx/runtime"/>
    	</bean>

<!-- JMX assembler -->
        <bean id="ecrm-assembler" class="org.springframework.jmx.export.assembler.MetadataMBeanInfoAssembler"
        	lazy-init="false">
            <property name="attributeSource">
                <bean class="org.springframework.jmx.export.annotation.AnnotationJmxAttributeSource" />
            </property>
        </bean>
    	<!-- WLS Spring console adaptor -->
    	<bean id="ecrm-consoleAdaptor" class="com.interface21.wl9.jmx.mediator.Mediator">
    		<property name="applicationName" value="SpringWLS"/>
    	</bean>
    A small reference in one of the online dev2dev resource says that the "applicationName" for the consoleAdaptor should be the name of the deployed war file (I don't have a single one to deploy this with) The whole context is deployed in the ear and the ear is called ecrm-main "should I use this as the applicationName or does it not matter".

Any suggestions or examples of getting this running would be most welcome.

Regards

Steve

One further point: Which jar file is supposed to contain the com.interface21.wl9.jmx.mediator.Mediator class. The spring-ext-server.jar does not ??
    Last edited by smcardle; Dec 11th, 2006, 05:48 AM.
Working...
X