Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmx behind firewall on tomcat driving me crazy

Hi,

I have tried what i believe is everything to allow me to connect via jmx to my web app. It is running behind a firewall.

Here is my connector:
    <bean id="serverConnector"
    class="org.springframework.jmx.support.ConnectorSe rverFactoryBean">
    <property name="objectName" value="connector:name=rmi"/>
    <property name="serviceUrl"
    value="service:jmx:rmi://mail.top-eeee.com/jndi/rmi://localhost:8335/server"/>
    </bean>

I get this error when connecting:
    FINER: [javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector: jmxServiceURL=service:jmx:rmi://mail.top-eeee.com:8100/jndi/rmi://mail.top-eeee.com:8335/server] failed to connect: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

If I change the serviceUrl to:
    service:jmx:rmi://mail.top-eeee.com/jndi/rmi://mail.top-eeee.com:8335/server

Then I get this error:
    FINER: [javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector: jmxServiceURL=service:jmx:rmi://mail.eeee.com:8100/jndi/rmi://mail.top-eeee.com:8335/server] Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: server

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Craig

I am doing this on linux, could it be anything to do with my hostname...it appears to me that after connecting to the rmi registry, it is being told to use ip 127.0.0.1...which is bad, i am trying to connect from a remote computer

Comment

it was a hostname problem. i now have hostname -i returning the ip address of the firewall, and it seems to work.

Comment

Working...
      X