Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webpshere 6.1 listen host and port

Hello,
    I'm using Spring 2.0 in my applications in Websphere 6.1.
    Now there's a requirement to calculate the host and port on which this specific instance of websphere is listenning.
    Is it possible to solve this problem with Spring JMX support?
    If not may be some one knows how to do it without Spring or on which forum I can try.

Thanks a lot.
    Victor.

I guess the easiest way would be to use some of Websphere administration language to query the server for information - I would search IBM's documentation.
    JMX could work if you would know where to know how to read the hostname (easy) and the port (depends on WebSphere). However, as JMX usually is attached to the server, in order to read the JMX info you will have to know the hostname - sort of an circular dependency.

Comment

Webpshere 6.1 listen host and port

Thanks you for the answer,

to know the hostname - sort of an circular dependency.
      in my case the code is running inside the application, so it does not need to connect to Websphere.

I will continue to search in Websphere documentation.

Comment

The following URL works for me on Websphere 6.1 (Network Deployment configuration):

Code:
        service:jmx:iiop://localhost:9100/jndi/JMXConnector
        where 9100 is the ORB listener address on the node manager (accessible through the admin console via System Administration | Deployment Manager | Ports). Similarly, one could infer the URL for a stand-alone node by looking up the mentioned listener port number (admin console via Servers | <server_name> | Ports) for the application server.

Hope this helps,
        Alex.

Comment

Working...
        X