Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Soap with JMX

Hello,

I have successfully exposed my bean for JMX using default RMI support. But how to accomplish this using SOAP? Section SOAP in Spring's JMX documentation is not very helpfull .

I've added such bean section to my working xml conf:

<bean id="serverConnector" class="org.springframework.jmx.support.ConnectorSe rverFactoryBean">
    <property name="objectName" value="connector:name=soap"/>
    <property name="serviceUrl" value="service:jmx:soap://localhost:18888/axis/services"/>
    </bean>

But I got such error:java.net.MalformedURLException: Unsupported protocol: soap.

What should I do to be able to use Spring JMX support to expose my mbeans using SOAP?

SOAP is not supported by the JMX specs. Some implementations do though, like mx4j(the reference documentation mentions this, if I recall correctly).

Comment

Yes, SOAP, Hessian/Burlap protocols are not defined by the JSR 160, but these connectors can be plugged according to this spec.

Let me rephrase my question...

In Spring 2.0 docs there is an example how Burlap can be used:

<bean id="serverConnector" class="org.springframework.jmx.support.ConnectorSe rverFactoryBean">
      <property name="objectName" value="connector:name=burlap"/>
      <property name="serviceUrl" value="service:jmx:burlap://localhost:9874"/>
      </bean>

My question is "How to SOAP-enable my Spring-crafted MBean server?". Google brings nothing here...

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand your question but if you want to use soap or burlap you'll have to use an implementation that supports them (like mx4j). The mx4j documentation explains how to use it if you already have a jmx implementation in the classpath (jdk1.5 for example).

Comment

Working...
        X