Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring performance module

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any interest in having a performance profile built-in into Spring perhaps as a new module e.g. spring-perf that would allow gathering timing statistics for all/some beans.
    I personally had to do such kind of performance measurements a couple of days ago and I used perf4j together with AOP (for beans annotated as @Component/@Service/@Repository/@Controller) and mvc interceptors for http requests (to get the time consumed by the message converter before writing the response on the output stream).
    I used perf4j just because they have a log parser and I could easily get statistics and even graphs.

I was thinking why don't we have this already available as a spring module, as there would not be any need on using a profiler like YourKit or others (even Plumbr) and perhaps the added overhead would be insignificant as we already have the bean proxies put in place?
    Also we could extend up to the point when nice graphs could be generated for different execution paths. We could also add some advisors that could offer information on possible code path improvements. I know that this sounds a bit science-fiction but Spring seems to me more like a "platform" and I'm expecting not only "integration" modules but also ways on understanding how the "apps" build on top of Spring are behaving.

Please let me know if this is of any interest to anyone?

Regards,
    Claudiu
Working...
X