Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single configuration for auto-detecting beans in Virgo

Hi,
    I have many spring bundles deployed to Virgo 3.5. I'd like to have one point of configuration (below) that auto detects (via annotations) all the beans made, across all the bundles deployed without having to include the boilerplate in every XML configuration, is this possible?

Thanks, Dan.

Code:
       <bean id="exporter" class="org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter">
            <property name="assembler" ref="assembler"/>
            <property name="namingStrategy" ref="namingStrategy"/>
            <property name="autodetect" value="true"/>
        </bean>

<bean id="jmxAttributeSource"
              class="org.springframework.jmx.export.annotation.AnnotationJmxAttributeSource"/>

<!-- will create management interface using annotation metadata -->
        <bean id="assembler"
              class="org.springframework.jmx.export.assembler.MetadataMBeanInfoAssembler">
            <property name="attributeSource" ref="jmxAttributeSource"/>
        </bean>

<!-- will pick up the ObjectName from the annotation -->
        <bean id="namingStrategy"
              class="org.springframework.jmx.export.naming.MetadataNamingStrategy">
            <property name="attributeSource" ref="jmxAttributeSource"/>
        </bean>

Thanks for the information on single configuration for auto detecting beans in Virgo. I am glad that I am a part of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettlee1 View Post
      Thanks for the information on single configuration for auto detecting beans in Virgo. I am glad that I am a part of this forum.
      Weird.

But it did remind me that I realised that java config, instead of XML, would allow you to reduce the boiler plate and share the configuration more readily throughout bundles?

Comment

It is great to have amazing knowledge about single configuration for auto detecting beans in Virgo. Thanks for sharing this information.

Comment

I feel really glad to know something new, especially about the certain subject. It’s a treat to refresh our knowledge.

Comment

Working...
          X