X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operations not visible in JConsole using an MBean

Hi I'm using Spring 3.1.0.RELEASE in a standalone VM. I've got some existing JMX code and MBeans and I'm in the process of making the beans spring managed and using Spring JMX.

The beans I'm exporting implement an interface ending in MBean e.g SomeThing implements SomeThingMBean. I'm not using any annotations, just the XML configuration below.

When I view the MBeans in JConsole, the attributes of my beans are displayed but the operations aren't. If I rename my interfaces so they don't end in MBean e.g. SomeThing implements ISomeThing then all the operations become visible in jconsole.

Is this expected behaviour or have I missed a setting? I'd prefer to keep the 'MBean' names so these will work as JMX MBeans without Spring.

Here's an extract from my Spring context XML file.

Code:
    <bean id="exporter" class="org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter" lazy-init="false">
        <property name="beans">
            <map>
                <entry key="uk.co.orchardsystems.shared.lockOut:type=ServerLockOutContainer" value-ref="serverLockOutContainerControl"/>    
                <entry key="uk.co.orchardsystems.shared.lockOut:type=SomeThing" value-ref="someThingTest"/>                   
          	</map>
        </property>
     </bean>

<bean id="someThingTest" class="uk.co.orchardsystems.shared.client.lockOut.SomeThing"/>

<bean id="serverLockOutContainer" class="uk.co.orchardsystems.shared.client.lockOut.ServerLockOutContainer"/>

<bean id="serverLockOutContainerControl" class="uk.co.orchardsystems.shared.lockOut.ServerLockOutContainerControl">
        <constructor-arg>
            <ref bean="serverLockOutContainer"/>
        </constructor-arg>
    </bean>
    Thanks,
    Richard.
Working...
X