Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Tutorial using Spring and JMX

Hi all,

I wrote a small tutorial for using Spring and JMX. I have implemented a BeanInfoAssembler that reads the MBean configuration from an XML-file.
    It uses MX4J as JMX-Implementation.
    Please try it and post your comments here.

You can download the zipfile from :

http://home.fhtw-berlin.de/~s0503790...x_part_one.zip

Its a working eclipse-projekt. Unzip and run the example. There are only 3 classes in this project. Some explanations are given in the pdf-file.

Interesting - you can also post this tutorial on the Spring WIKI and over at the Spring hub. Moreover if you want to, you can add this to the JMX configuration. Take a look at the official sample and try to adjust your sample on it - after you are done raise an issue or send an email (to Rob mainly).

Comment

Very cool! - thanks bellmann29

The only annoying thing is this modelerType attribute
      which is always exported by org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean.

fonz

Comment

Annoying modelerType

Hello,

the modelerType could not switched of. I don´t like this too.
        I looked the code of BaseModelMBean, the modelerType would only return the classname of the managedResource, in the sample-app "test.objects.Car" would be the modelerType.

I will add a note on this in the document that comes out with the next part of my sample-app where I will shortly explain how easy it is to add Notification-Support with commons-modeler.

Thanks for your comments.

Jörg Bellmann

PS: my girlfriend is not at home this week, so it can be that the next part come out this week :-)

Comment

about notifications thru JMX

Where is the next part that says about notifications in JMX? Please post the same.

Regards
          Suhael

Originally posted by bellmann29 View Post
          Hello,

the modelerType could not switched of. I don´t like this too.
          I looked the code of BaseModelMBean, the modelerType would only return the classname of the managedResource, in the sample-app "test.objects.Car" would be the modelerType.

I will add a note on this in the document that comes out with the next part of my sample-app where I will shortly explain how easy it is to add Notification-Support with commons-modeler.

Thanks for your comments.

Jörg Bellmann

PS: my girlfriend is not at home this week, so it can be that the next part come out this week :-)

Comment

Do anybody know SPRING WAY to persist MBEANs so that they survive server restarts?

Is there anyway to update the SPRING BEAN DEFINTION XMLs on a context shutdown based on the MBEAN RUNTIME Values?

Comment

Working...
            X