Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jConsole showing more mbeans than htmladaptor

spring 1.2.6
    also running resin 3.0.14

Please forgive the resin specific info that follows. I am posting here with the thought that others may have had similar results with other app servers (also will be posting to resin forum)....

I set up an htmladaptor and added mbeans as follows:

<beans>

<!-- ========================= JMX EXPORTER DEFINITION ========================= -->

<bean id="jmxExporter" class="org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporte r">
    <property name="beans">
    <map>
    <entry key="jamix:type=sample1" value-ref="sample"/>
    <entry key="jamix:type=HttpAdaptor" value-ref="httpAdaptor"/>
    </map>
    </property>
    <property name="assembler">
    <bean class="org.springframework.jmx.export.assembler.In terfaceBasedMBeanInfoAssembler">
    <property name="interfaceMappings">
    <props>
    <prop key="jamix:type=sample1">com.whatever.jmx.SampleMB ean</prop>
    </props>
    </property>
    </bean>
    </property>
    </bean>

</beans>

Everything works great as Spring picks up the Resin MBeanServer. What I am seeing however is that the JConsole has far more MBeans than are displayed on my HtmlAdaptor page. Notably the MBeans from other webapps are missing as are some interesting ones such as ConnectionPool under the resin domain. My suspicion is that Resin is actually running more that one MBeanServer. Thanks,

Dan

I guess the Resin forums will answer better this question. I recommend to do a simple test to see how many JMX servers you have on your machine - see JMXUtils on how to do that.
    Note that HtmlAdaptor (from Sun) it's picky about mbean names - try using other tools (servlet consoles/mc4j) is possible to see where the problem lies.

Comment

Working...
    X