X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBeanServerFactoryBean vs. WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean

Which of these should we use with Spring 1.2.5 and Weblogic 8.1? The BEA dev2dev site uses MBeanServerFactoryBean. Does this mean WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean is deprecated?

First take a look at the versions - IIRC WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean was added in a more recent version so the dev2dev might have missed it

Comment

First take a look at the classnames. According to the changelog.txt WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean was added in 1.2 final. I think you are referring to WebLogicJndiMBeanServerFactoryBean which was indeed added in 1.2.6.

I believe WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean will only be relevant for versions before 9.0. But I wanted to get clarification from the source.

Comment

After doing some more reading about WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean and WebLogicJndiMBeanServerFactoryBean it appears they both will still be relevant. WebLogicJndiMBeanServerFactoryBean is a version of WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean that won't require specifying the credentials of the server when used locally.

Why BEA didn't use WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean is still a mystery to me, although I suspect both will work.

Comment

Working...
        X