Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMX ObjectName

Hi,

I am using @ManagedResurce annotation to define the POJO as a MBean and @ManagedAttribute to register attributes.
    The bean is a simple POJO with getter & setter.
    I specify the objectName & I am able to successfully view the MBean in JConsole.

So far so good..

Now I have a use case where I need to create unique instance of the above mbean and populate it with some statistical data.

I need to register the same pojo multiple time with unique objectName.

How can I pass dynamic value to the objectName in the annotation.
    I need to display in jConsole with some logical name i.e the operationName or target method name for which it is holding the value.
    For eg

Code:
    @Component("dataHolder")
    @ManagedResource(objectName = "TestJMX:name=JMXDataHolder,type=JMXDataHolder")
    public class JMXDataHolder {
    }
    Last edited by manishjs; Jul 13th, 2011, 07:21 PM.

I have resolved this issue by using programmatic approach by passing the desired objectName while registering the bean. In my POJO which is a managed been I have kept the annotations @ManagedResource (without any options) & @ManagedAttribute as it is.
    Before registering the managed bean I am creating & setting the instance of MetadataMBeanInfoAssembler(JMXAttributeSource) so that it can identify the annotation used in the associated object.

Or

You can set the AutodetectMode to AUTODETECT_ASSEMBLER. This will automatically identify the JMX related annotations used in you MBean & expose those operations & attributes.

Code:
    public void registerSpringWay(JMXDataHolder holder, final ObjectName objectName) {
    		try{
    			AnnotationMBeanExporter exporter = new AnnotationMBeanExporter();

exporter.setServer(getPlatFormMBeanServer());
    			exporter.setAutodetectMode(MBeanExporter.AUTODETECT_ASSEMBLER); 
                            exporter.setAssembler(new MetadataMBeanInfoAssembler(new AnnotationJmxAttributeSource()));
    			exporter.setRegistrationBehavior(MBeanExporter.REGISTRATION_IGNORE_EXISTING);			
    			exporter.registerManagedResource(holder,objectName);			

}catch(Exception e){			
    			e.printStackTrace();
    		}

}

MBeanServer server=null;
    	/**
    	 * @return
    	 */
    	private MBeanServer getPlatFormMBeanServer() {
    		if(null==server){
    			this.server= ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer();
    		}

return server;
    	}
    Last edited by manishjs; Jul 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X