X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected behaviour with JMS listener container

I'm using a JMS listener container to call a method on a singleton service-type bean. Since I configured the concurrency to be 1, I expected the service not to be called by several threads in parallel. However, that's what's happening.

Code:
    <jms:listener-container 
      container-type="simple" 
      destination-type="queue" 
      connection-factory="connectionFactory"  
      message-converter="myMessageConverter" 
      concurrency="1" 
      acknowledge="transacted" 
      cache="connection">
        <jms:listener 
          destination="myQueue" 
          ref="myService" 
          method="myMethod"/>
    </jms:listener-container>
    I tried the simple and default message listener container with identical results. I also made sure there's only one message listener container instantiated in my application context.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dan

Have you tried configuring the listener the old way, without using jms namespaces? Maybe there's a problem in how concurrency is being mapped.

Comment

The underlying problem was a misconfiguration of the application context. One XML context file was included in 2 other XML context files. This did not immediately create problems for beans with explicit IDs (the later definition simply overwrites the former), but the JMS namespace happily created 2 separate listener container beans that both called my service-type bean in parallel.

By configuring the listener the old way, the problem would have gone away (explicit ID). Anyway, I'm glad I found the underlying misconfiguration issue. Thanks for your suggestion, natephipps!

Cheers,
      Dan

Comment

Working...
      X