Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Should CachingConnectionFactory or SingleConnectionFactory be used in JEE? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should CachingConnectionFactory or SingleConnectionFactory be used in JEE?

Some of our Operations and Infrastructure teams like what they are reading about the efficiencies of using SingleConnectionFactory and CachingConnectionFactory, but what I'm wondering is, isn't this what our AppServer-managed QueueConnectionFactories are supposed to provide us already?

Shouldn't we just continue recommending looking up JMS resources using JNDI?

Thanks.

Anyone? I am interesting in learning the same....

Comment

You should use whatever works best in your environment. Some app servers do not have great pooling features for 3rd party JMS providers, in which case I have seen the internal Spring classes perform much better.

The app server pooling / JNDI is the more common approach, and usually the app server pooling will be more robust/mature. It should also allow a greater level of control and monitoring. So probably you can use this as the default and fall back to the Spring classes if there are problems with the app server approach.

Comment

Working...
      X