X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Chunking and Prallel VM

We are working on Multi VM Job Execution using Spring Batch and Integration. For this I have downloaded the spring-batch-integration jar (Ver 1.1.4) available from http://grepcode.com along with the dependent ones.
    The versions I am using are the latest GA releses like:-
    1. org.springframework.integration-1.0.4.RELEASE.jar
    2. Ver 2.1.0 for Spring batch.

Now, in the Spring-Batch-Integration jar , the class "ChunkMessageChannelItemWriter" is looking for Message class in package like "org.springframework.integration.message.Messa ge" which is now present in "org.springframework.integration.core.Message" for Spring Integration 1.0.4 Release. Similarly certain classes that it referring are not available in the latest Integration/ Batch jars.

Please let me know which set of jars and dependent jars I should use for my job. Also can you help me with references/codes that I can follow to speed up my job, and the config files that I should use.

I have modified the built in classes like ChunkMessageChannelItemWriter and others to do Remote Chunking and Parallel JVM. I have used Active MQ server for sending data from one machine to another.

Comment

Hi Rik,

I am trying to implement the remote chunking capabalities of spring batch. Could you please share any code samples which you have successfully implemented.It would be a great help as I am not able to get any good samples.

Thanks In Advance
      Balu Nair,

Comment

This is a very old thread.

Please take a look at the spring-batch-integration project in Spring Batch Admin (http://static.springsource.org/spring-batch-admin/) for examples of this and other techniques.

Comment

Dear Gary,

Thanks for the reply. But I was not able to see any complete examples for remote chunking in spring-batch-integration project under Spring Batch Admin.

Thanks In Advance
          Balu Nair

Comment

As long as you have some experience with Spring Integration, all the pieces are there. See RemoteChunkStepIntegrationTests-context.xml.

Chunk requests are put on a channel 'requests' and chunk responses are put on a channel 'replies'. To actually remote them, simply add a pair of JMS channel adapters on each channel. For example, on the client side, subscribe to 'requests' with an outbound channel adapter, on the server side use a message-driven inbound adapter to receive the chunks and put them on the requests channel. Do the reverse for the replies.

It looks like the other poster took another path and modified the java code, rather than just modifying the Spring Integration configuration.

You might also want to look at the partitioning examples because they avoid sending the items over JMS.

Comment

Dear Gary,

Thank you very much for your reply.I would try implementing the solution based on your suggestions.

Regards,
              Balu Nair

Comment

Working...
              X