Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using JMSTemplate with MQDistributionList

Hi folks,

Has someone already used IBM MQDistributionList with JMSTemplate?

I'm looking for the best way to do it...

Any help would be most welcome...

From what I can see from the JavaDoc for MQDistributionList, this is not part of the JMS interface, but belongs to the native Java interface to WebSphere MQ. The JMSTemplate doesn't support the native interface. One possible way of emulating the behaviour would be to subclass the JMSTemplate and allow sending to multiple destinations.

Comment

Thanks for your help. That's exactly what i've done.
      The fact is that there is no way to abstract MQDistributionList as a simple JMS Destination. You have to do it the IBM way...

Comment

Just another idea:
        If you're allowed to use topics instead of queues, you could use durable subscribers. One of the nicer things about WebSphere MQ is its ability to cluster durable subscribers.
        The behaviour would be the same as sending one message to multiple queues. Plus you could use an unmodified JMSTemplate.

Comment

I know, that was my first idea, but the MOM architect imposed it on us...
          Finally I have made my own mq api native template.
          Thank you again!

Comment

Would you mind posting the source of your template? It might be helpful for other programmers.

Comment

Hi,

Finally, I dismissed the use of MQDistributionList because we cannot use it with JTA. We are gonna use the simple way with IBM JMS API and JMSTemplate.
              I explained that to the MOM team and they agreed...

Link to IBM website about it.

So if one day you have to use some native Java API, ask about JEE integration before. That's what I've learnt.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X