Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retry JNDI Lookups for JMS Resources

Hi,

I have a situation where I need to recover from a restart of my JNDI server. The setup is that I have JBoss serving JMS resources through JNDI (JMS resources live on Sonic MQ - FWIW).

My problem is that if JBoss is restarted, the client (Weblogic running a Spring Default Message Listener) stops listening. The very last log message that I see is that of a java.net.SocketTimeoutException being thrown. After this exception, JNDI is never retried. Watching network traffic, there is dead silence to the JBoss RMI ports. My listener gives up.

I've tried using a SingleConnectionFactory around my QueueConnectionFactory, but that does not seem to help at all. I believe the point of retry is at the JNDIObjectFactory level. Is there any way to get this to retry in the event of a service failure? Has anyone else encountered this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Hi,

We are facing a similar issue and I was wondering if you managed to deal with the situation you are facing?

Any update is welcome.

Regards.

Comment

Have you tried turning off the jndi cache?
      Example:

Code:
      <jee:jndi-lookup cache="false"  id="jmsConnectionFactory" jndi-name="MYConnectionFactory" />
      The obvious side effect is off turning off caching is performance.

Comment

Working...
      X