Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate of Jencks

Hi all,

From the forums it looks like Jencks is the preferred method of JMS connection pooling. ( if you are not using a j2ee server which provides the same ).

However the Jencks website look like is dead. Is there any alternative for Jencks , or it is still the suggested way of doing jms connection pooling in springs.

- Anindya

Can anybody please help me with this .. As per this blog it clearly states the flaws of using jmstemplate - http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/2005/11/23.html#a543.. we are experiencing the same in our prod ..

Comment

Originally posted by anindya.becs View Post
      Can anybody please help me with this .. As per this blog it clearly states the flaws of using jmstemplate - http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/2005/11/23.html#a543.. we are experiencing the same in our prod ..
      Hi all . I can see a lot of views to this thread but no response.. please can anybody respond to this.. any suggestions/advice will be of great ..

Comment

Here are three options for pooling connection/sessions with ActiveMQ:
        1. The Jencks AMQPool - Provides multiple options including:
          1. PooledConnectionFactory - A factory that is only for sending message as it caches Connection, Session and MessageProducer objects
          2. XaPooledConnectionFactory - A factory that automatically enlists sessions in the current XA transaction if one exists
          3. JcaPooledConnectionFactory - A factory that provides JCA inbound/outbound messaging support
        2. The ActiveMQ PooledConnectionFactory - The same as the Jencks PooledConnectionFactory with some bug fixes
        3. The Spring CachingConnectionFactory - A factory that caches Sessions and MessageProducers, provides automatic reconnection and is very commonly used with one of the Spring message listener containers

The combination of the CachingConnectionFactory and the Spring message listener containers is a good all around solution that I commonly recommend, and one that is used successfully in many businesses all over the world. The CachingConnectionFactory is good for sending messages because it caches producers and sessions. For receiving messages, one of the Spring message listener containers can be used with the CachingConnectionFactory. Spring also provides a JCA 1.5 message listener container that provides most of the same features as Jencks.

Bruce
        Last edited by bsnyder; Sep 30th, 2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X