X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring JMS Glassfish : Poisonous Messages

I'm researching how I can prevent poisonous messages using Glassfish, JMS, and Spring.

What I have found so far is that there is a property named "endpointExceptionRedeliveryAttempts" that can be set using a Message Queue JMS Resource Adapter. See http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-6740/aeoon?a=view

However, I can't figure out how to set this property. My environment is Glassfish v2.1-b60e and Spring. I'm not using Message Driven Beans (MDBs). I'm using Spring's DefaultMessageListenerContainer and a Message Driven Pojo (MDP).

What I'm experiencing is a infinite loop when the MDP throws an exception - the message gets rolledback onto the queue and then re-delivered to the MDP which throws an exception and gets rolledback........

Could someone expain to me how to set the re-delivery attempts to prevent his situation?

Thanks in advance,
    Mark

I'm having the same problem. It appears that you can only set the maximum redelivery attempts if you're using Message Driven Beans. This seems like something that should be configurable either in Glassfish or through Spring.

Anyone know how to solve the poison message problem with Glassfish and Spring MDPs?

Comment

Working...
    X