Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remoting from oracle stored procedure?

Hi all!
    May be my problem sounds overcomplicated, but...
    We have old large system based on Oracle/Oracle Application Server/Oracle Forms&Reports.
    We developed new modul/subproject utilizing Spring/Hibernate/Oracle Application Server.
    Now we need to implement communication (not intensive) betweeen these systems, the communication must be initiated from old system side, probably from oracle stored procedures.
    Does anybody have some experience with such configuration? Any ideas, what is better to use, remoting, messaging, another solutions?..

You may be able to use Spring within a Java stored procedure. I know of some folk doing this. (I didn't say I think it's a particularly good idea--I'm not a big fan of Java stored procedures in general.) You may be able to use some Spring remoting functionality.

Comment

We are using JavaMail to send emails from a Java stored procedure so you should be able to do remoting as well.

You might be able to load some Spring support if you are on 9i or later. Just checked the version for 9iR2 and it's at java 1.3.1.

Comment

If the version of your Oracle system is relatively new I would suggest using
        Oracle Advanced Queueing (AQ) for messaging and notification between those two systems. AQ is JMS compliant, but it also interacts with the stored procedures, so utilizing this approach you can have a notification architecture that integrates well with both sides, and that is completely decoupled, and reasonably robust as well.

Comment

Working...
        X