Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listner Hanging on Server Shutdown

Hi,
    I am having this issue right now,
    I have implemented a simple(from example) Spring JMS implementation on WebSphere 6.0, listening to Queue on TIBCO.
    I have configured the JMS Provider -> Connection Factory and Queue.
    When i run this in a single Server instance(JMV) there are no issue, the message are consumed.
    But when i move the same implementation to a cluster, I am facing the following issue
    There are no issue in the startup, the JMS starts up on all server as exepceted.
    The issues are -
    1.The server take a long time to shut down, it keeps showing error message that JMS Listners are not shutdown, try to referesh connection...

2.Even after the severs are shut down, the Listeners are still up(TIBCO showes this on their logs that they have X(>1) NUMBER OF RECIEVERS at their logs.

3. During the normal server processing , the JMS keeps showing this message
    'Could not find resource...trying to refresh in 5000...."

Any help is appreciated...

Do you close spring context when the servers are down? I assume that you don't because Spring context calls DisposableBean.destroy() for all registered beans that are IS-A DisposableBean. That call stops DMLC jms activity. So, you just to introduce call to context.close() on you server/deployment stop.

Comment

Originally posted by denis.zhdanov View Post
      Do you close spring context when the servers are down? I assume that you don't because Spring context calls DisposableBean.destroy() for all registered beans that are IS-A DisposableBean. That call stops DMLC jms activity. So, you just to introduce call to context.close() on you server/deployment stop.
      You are absolutely right, Thank you very much for the solution, I had sort of figured that out after I posted this question, i am using JSP to do that first before i shut down the server, but I am very interested in learning HOW? do we put it in the "Server stop",
      we use Websphere Admin console to Update/stop and start the Websphere server.
      Thank you once again.

Comment

I don't have an experience with Websphere AS, but googling shows that there is a concept of startup beans there. So, you can introduce the one that initializes Spring context on application start and closes it on application stop.

Comment

Working...
        X