Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple consumers of a topic

Hi!

How do I setup an effective way to consume messages from a topic in multiple threads.

With ejb3 you can do it like this:

Code:
    @MessageDriven(activationConfig={
    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType", propertyValue="javax.jms.Topic"),
    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="topic/testDistributedTopic"),
    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="maxSession", propertyValue="5"),
    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="SubscriptionDurability", propertyValue="Durable"),
    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="acknowledgeMode", propertyValue="AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE")
    })

With spring jms I seem to get the same setup with this configuration:

Code:
     <jms:listener-container connection-factory="connectionFactory" destination-type="durableTopic" acknowledge="auto" client-id="client1">
            <jms:listener destination="testDistributedTopic" ref="messageListener"/>

</jms:listener-container>
    Is there a downside to do it like this?

Even if the listener-container reads the messages in one thread I still want to process them in multiple threads. With the configuration above it seems to be working like I want but I have to repeat my self in the configuration.

You are currently creating multiple containers (each listener needs its own container). I suggest you take a look at the XSD and what you can specify. You are probably more interested in the concurrency attribute.

Reference guide.

Comment

thanks, that solved my problem.

Comment

Working...
      X