Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbstractMessageDrivenBean: connect to JMS through JCA ?

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a project that will make use of a messaging system by means of JMS.
    This messaging system will run as the communication layer (eai) inside a web-application.

From an architectural point of view, I want to connect to this JMS through a Resource Adapter (JCA), hiding the JMS connectivity issues.

At the moment, I currently have set up a MDB (EJB) that receives messages through a resource adapter.
    This MDB is working as it should, e.g. when messages are posted to a queue on the JMS, the MDB receives them.

The application itself will be developed using the Spring framework, however, I'm having some difficulties incorporating this MDB into the application, e.g. making use of the ApplicationContext of the application, as this MDB is a separate EJB.

I also found that Spring allows the use of AbstractMessageDrivenBean, which is (as I understand) another means of creating an MDB.

From an architectural point of view, I don't really have a preference for either using a "real" MDB or the AbstractMessageDrivenBean provided by Spring,
    but I'm having some difficulties finding some examples for either one of them:
    * for the MDB --> how do I couple it with my application (Application Context)?
    * for the AbstractMessageDrivenBean --> how can I get it to use a JCA (and not using the JMS connectivity directly).

The JMS I'm using is JORAM, which supplies it's own JCA Resource Adapter.
    Furthermore, I'm using JBoss 4.0.1 SP1.

Any help is highly appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Best regards
Working...
X