Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
org.springframework.integration.message.GenericMes sage to javax.jms.Me Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• org.springframework.integration.message.GenericMes sage to javax.jms.Me

Hi,

Is there any way I can cast org.springframework.integration.message.GenericMes sage to javax.jms.Message?

I tried to do so and i'm getting ClassCastException. I'm confused here. Y is the GenericMessage not a type of javax.jms.Message?

Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jey

No, GenericMessage is a Spring Integration type, not a JMS type. Spring Integration is a general messaging framework and not tied to JMS, although it does provide JMS adapters and gateways.

http://static.springsource.org/sprin.../html/jms.html

If you use the standard Spring Integration JMS adapters, they use a header mapper and message converter to convert between the Spring Integration message and a JMS message.

Comment

So what if I need to place a GenericMessage in a queue without using spring integration components? I want to use jmstemplate to send the message. How to do that?

Comment

I don't understand the question - if you are using GenericMessage, you "ARE" using Spring Integration.

The outbound channel adapter wraps the JmsTemplate and does all the mapping for you.

So, why not just use a JmsSendingMessageHandler and call its handleMessage() method?

Comment

Working...
        X