Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmsTemplate + add listener to listener container

I'm newbie with Apache ActiveMQ and
    I've started using 5.8.0 release + Spring

I want that every session created in a servlet container ( Tomcat ), subscribes itself as consumer/listener for message from a Topic ( created into JMS broker by an admin )

I've got some questions:

If I've got a listener container as

<jms:listener-container concurrency="10" >
    <jms:listener id="QueueListener" destination="Queue.Name" ref="queueListener" />
    </jms:listener-container>
    </beans>

1)

Can I add <jms:listener> ( a.k.a MessageListener ) to Listener Container on runtime ?
    I want to add one listener per web session
    How ?

2)

If I can't,

Can I create a Consumer on runtime and set a MessageListener for it by using jmsTemplate?
    I tried to do it with JMS API in jmsTemplate.execute() with SessionCallback,
    And a Consumer is created but MessageListener never is called and message is never consumed from Topic.

Why ? How ?

3)

If I can't ,

If I use PooledConnectionFactory + JMS API ( no listener-container )
    do I need to close Connection objects and release Consumers/Producers by hand ?

Remember I want to create a Consumer per session

4)

Is there other way to do all these things on an easy mode ?

Thanks and regards

The <jms:listener/> is just a convenience.

In fact each such element gets its own listener container (sharing the configuration elements from the <jms:listener-container/> parent element). You are not really "adding" a listener to a single container.

So, you can simply spin-up a new 'DefaultMessageListenerContainer' for each destination on demand.

Comment

Working...
    X