Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle AQ: mapping String to CLOB with StructMapper

Hi all,
    Today i tried to enqueue an Oracle_queue using JmsTemplete. My oracle object contains clob while my java object contains String. With the spring converter I got a Jms exception telling me that type is not identical with the struct attribute (means String to CLOB). What I did is implementing DatumMapper and override toDatum function, so like that I did convert String to Clob:
    Function toDatum(......){
    java.sql.Clob clob= connection.createClob();
    clob.setString(1, objecToConvert.getStringAttrOne());
    // here I create a StructDescriptor
    STRUCT struct = new STRUCT(StructDescriptor type, java.sql.Connection conn, new Object[] {clob});
    return struct;
    }
    But I don't like this solution because it's not clean and we need to create a mapper per object
    Do you have please any genius idea more clean and loosely coopled ? Or si spring data offering some kind of jpa mapping Like Hibernate ...?
    Tomorrow I will see if I can create an abstract factory to do generic mapping.
    Regards

Sorry for not getting to this sooner. We are in the process of moving to StackOverflow for our forums.

This question is probably a better candidate for StackOverflow, perhaps against the #spring-jms, #oracle tag.
    If you do post it there, please reply here with the link.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X