Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
EAR using Spring JSM MDP fails to start on one of two WLS instances Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAR using Spring JSM MDP fails to start on one of two WLS instances

Hi folks,

Maybe this is a silly question, but I'm completely stuck :-(
    I have an application, which is sending/receiving JMS messages using Spring JMS MDP, which is running on a WLS 11 cluster (containing one admin and two managed instances). The application is deployed only on the managed instances. So is the JMS stuff: It's deployed to the WLS Cluster.
    Now: When starting up the WLS I receive on one of the instances an exception like this:
    2012-12-11 14:44:36,508 [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'JMSQueue' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-techarch.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
    Unable to resolve 'queue.AKKResponses'. Resolved 'queue'; remaining name 'AKKResponses'

which causes the startup of the application to fail.
    On the second instance, the application start succeeds successfully. (That's the silly point !)

When I log on to Admin Console, stop and start the application again, the EAR starts fine on both instances.

The application keeps up running fine, until I restart the WLS again. At this time the same error reappears.

Does anybody of you have an idea how to prevent that error ?

The same is happening on prod with 1 admin and 4 managed servers (distributed over two machines): The ear starts on one and fails on three managed servers - but there I don't have the permission to restart the ear :-(

Best regards
    Christian

After some quick googling, it seems that WLS (maybe only older versions) has some issues with dots in JNDI names.

Comment

Hi Mark,

thx for the reply, but I don't think, that it's an issue with dots in the name, because:
      1. The application starts fine when I restart it in WLS console - this should not happen, when WLS could not resolve the name at all due to dots
      2. I created the JNDI name without "." - I used a slash instead, meaning the queue is called "jms/AKKResponse", so I guess the text in the exception message is converted a little bit by either WLS or Spring - WLS I guess.

I think, it's more an issue of the deployment order, as we have a start script for WLS, which first starts the admin instance, then managed instance 2 and finally instance 1.
      The application start on instance 2 fails, the start on instance 1 succeeds.
      After all servers are up, I can log on to admin console and restart the application without any problems.

Best regards
      Christian

Comment

Working...
      X