Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implementing Distributed transactions using Spring

Hello

I am looking for a good/simple sample on implementing a distributed transaction spanning 2 transactional resources - Spring JDBC & Spring JMS, using Spring JDBC/JMS template and PlatformTransactionManager. The requirement is to publish a message to the JMS queue only when the db update is successful. I can think of 2 options:

Option-1
    Include DB update and JMS message publishing within one transaction.
    Can someone point me to some sample implementation?

Option-2
    Publish the message only after the DB update is committed - outside of the DB transaction. The problem here is what if the message publishing fails?

Thanks
    Chandru

Hi, you might take a look at this blog for information on how to configure Spring and JTA, complete with samples.

Originally posted by cganesan View Post
    Hello

I am looking for a good/simple sample on implementing a distributed transaction spanning 2 transactional resources - Spring JDBC & Spring JMS, using Spring JDBC/JMS template and PlatformTransactionManager. The requirement is to publish a message to the JMS queue only when the db update is successful. I can think of 2 options:

Option-1
    Include DB update and JMS message publishing within one transaction.
    Can someone point me to some sample implementation?

Option-2
    Publish the message only after the DB update is committed - outside of the DB transaction. The problem here is what if the message publishing fails?

Thanks
    Chandru

Comment

Working...
    X