Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DefaultMessageListenerContainer clean stop

I am getting the following tomcat issue when my web app gets redepolyed:
    SEVERE: The web application [/myApp] appears to have started a thread named [InactivityMonitor Async Task: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@40f 92a41] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

This is how I construct the DefaultMessageListenerContainer in the applicationContext.xml:
    Code:
    <bean class="org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer" id="jmsContainer">  
        <property name="connectionFactory" ref="cachedConnectionFactory"></property>  
        <property name="destination" ref="myTopic"></property>  
        <property name="messageListener" ref="myMessageListener"></property>  
        <property name="sessionTransacted" value="true" />
        <property name="subscriptionDurable" value="true"/>
      </bean>
    How do I ensure that the MessageListener thread is properly stopped when the app stops?

Thanks

How are you instantiating the application context?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Russell View Post
      How are you instantiating the application context?
      Since I am new to Spring I am not quite sure what u mean - it gets loaded by default when the web.xml loads the org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner

Comment

That's the answer I was looking for (I just wanted to be sure you weren't controlling the context's lifecycle yourself).

Every thing should stop just fine; is it possible you are processing a message during termination?

I suggest you run with TRACE level logging and take a look at the log.

Comment

That's the answer I was looking for (I just wanted to be sure you weren't controlling the context's lifecycle yourself).

Every thing should stop just fine; is it possible you are processing a message during termination?

I suggest you run with TRACE level logging and take a look at the log.
          I added closeAsync=false to the brokerURL - as follows:

Code:
          <bean id="activeMQConnectionFactory" class="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
          		<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616?closeAsync=false"/> 
          		<property name="clientID" value="evrClientID"/>	 
                   </bean>
          <bean class="org.springframework.jms.connection.CachingConnectionFactory" id="cachedConnectionFactory"        p:sessionCacheSize="10"
                  p:targetConnectionFactory-ref="activeMQConnectionFactory" >
              </bean>
          & then when I republished my web app to tomcat I no longer see that Severe warning coming up - is that ok to do - I am not quite sure why this supposedly fixed it or is it just a temporary fix?

Comment

That makes sense; just a timing problem; sync close should do it (or simply ignore the message).

Comment

That makes sense; just a timing problem; sync close should do it (or simply ignore the message).
              Thanks alot for all your help - I really appreciate it

Comment

Working...
              X