Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Question about <tx:jta-transaction-manager/> and <jms:listener-container> in Spring 3 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about <tx:jta-transaction-manager/> and <jms:listener-container> in Spring 3

Hi,

This might be a stupid question but I have been reading the Spring 3 documentation and I have the following problem.

I'm configuring some jms listeners that will be running in a XA environment.
    I'm using the <tx:jta-transaction-manager/> tag as suggested by the Spring documentation.

Now I need to configure the <jms:listener-container>, according to the documentation I must specify the transaction-manager.
    My problem is that I don't know what to put in the transaction-manager attribute, because I don't know the name of the transaction manager.

If I omit the transaction-manager attribute, according to Spring 3 documentation: "If not specified, native acknowledging will be used"
    I understand that the container will not work inside the XA transaction if I don't specify the jta transaction manager.

So my question is, how I specify the transaction manager in the <jms:listener-container> in order to use the transaction manager created by <tx:jta-transaction-manager/>?

Thanks in advance,
    Andres

The XSD documentation for the <tx:jta-transaction-manager> element states:
    "Creates a default JtaTransactionManager bean with name 'transactionManager',..."

So, you can refer to that as "transactionManager" from the listener-container element.

Comment

Thanks Mark.

It could be good if the documentation under: transaction-application-server-integration has a link to the xsd documentation.

Comment

Working...
      X