Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
JMSClientExceptions:055142 on WebLogic connecting to IBM MQ on another server Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMSClientExceptions:055142 on WebLogic connecting to IBM MQ on another server

I am attempting to send a message from my application residing on WL 10.3 to a topic on a IBM MQ 7 process running on another server. The application is Java/Spring, and the connection is actually working because I can debug it just before the send message and see the topic string from the MQ topic. However when I attempt to 'send' the message, I get the following:
    (please note I am typing this in; the actual server is not connected to the internet)
    Code:
    org.springframework.InvalidDestinationException: [JMSClientExceptions:055142}Foreign Destination, topic://my/topic nested exception is
    weblogic.common.InvalidDestinationException: [JMSClientExceptions:055142}Foreign Destination, topic://my/topic
    at org.springframework.jms.support.JmsUtils.convertJmsAccessException (JmsUtils.java:285)
    at org.springframework.jms.support.JmsAccessor.convertJmsAccessException (JmsAccessor.java:168)

at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JMSTemplate.java:469)
    at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.send(JMSTemplate.java:534)
    at (my code)
    I'm using Spring 3.0.5, WL 10.3.4.0 and MQ 7.x

(application-context.xml key lines)
    Code:
    <jee:jndi-lookup id="jmsTopicConnectionFactory" jndi-name="weblogic.jms.ConnectionFactory"/>
    <jee:jndi-lookup id="myTopic" jndi-name="MY.TOPIC"/>

<bean id="myProgram" class="myClass>
       <property name="jmsTemplate" ref="jmsTemplate"/>
       <property name="destination" ref="myTopic"/>
    </bean>

(nested)
    at weblogic.jms.common.Destination.checkDetinationType(Destination.java:105)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.setupJMSProducer(JMSSession.java:2830)
    ..etc.
    The crux of the matter appears to be that weblogic is checking the destination type on this foreign service then throwing the error.

The topic is defined in WL as a destination within a foreign JMS server.

Is there an attribute I can set on this destination that will get me beyond this? Or some other solution?

The problem was the connection factory. It has to point to a JNDI name on the application server that in turn points to the connection factory on the MQ server.

Comment

Working...
    X