Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool of MDPs If Possible

Hi,
    I have a scenario where a lot of complex business logic is executed including the database updates and inserts done from the listener method of the MDB that I have registered in my Spring Configuration file.
    At peak I am expecting a lot of messages arriving to the Queue that my MDP will be listening to - so holding them to have one of processings to get completed is not a good idea I thought.
    My question is - Is there a way I can create a pooled MDPs so that each time a message comes it's listened (and do the complex business logic processing) by a different instance of MDP and so it kind of speeds up the process.
    I also would like to know if it's possible, what are the possible points that can lead to a trouble.
    Thanks,
    Sharad

Yes, when using the DefaultMessageListenerContainer, you can provide a value for "concurrentConsumers" to effectively setup a pool of listener processes/threads.

Comment

Thanks Mark

Mark thanks very much for this quick response. I definitely am using the combination of DefaultMessageListenerContainer and org.springframework.jms.connection.JmsTransactionM anager for the sake of listening and transaction management in this whole set of affairs. I will use this attribute to achieve what I wished to do.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Hi,
        I had that concurrentConsumers attribute set to 5 and things worked fine. But just to make sure If I am now spawning those 5 number of listener instances I wrote the default constructor in my Listener class and printed the "this" object. It surprisingly gets printed only twice and not 5 times. What can be the primary reason for it.How do I make sure programattically that I raelly have those paralell number of listeners running to grab the mesages from Queue.
        Thanks and appreciate all the answers,
        Sharad

Comment

Just throwing an idea. Increase the number of messages. may be then spring container will instantiate 5 MDPs.

I have a question also. How to load the spring config for this kind of MDPs driven application.(Non-web app). We do not have web.xml.

Comment

Working...
          X