X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing Bindings Problem

As part of the client messaging utility I'm writing, I want clients to be able to list their current bindings in order to decide if they want to remove existing ones. The queues they use are durable so as to collect messages even when they're not connected.

To do the get bindings, I've written some erlang calling functions, following the structure used in the spring rabbitbrokeradmin class. This works fine with the server & client on my mac (presumably as I'm running elevated privileges) however when I try to do this using ubuntu I get an error report in my rabbit logs "Connection attempt from disallowed node 'rabbit-e3da0be30-62c7-40ee-88f9-74aabaa32976@UBUNTU" and Peer Authentication Error in my code.

The node name (UBUNTU) is correct and I can send/receive messages using it fine.

Have a look at the new RabbitBrokerAdmin for some hints. On Linux the broker normally runs as root and you won't be able to connect with your own cookie (which is being picked up by default from your home directory). What we did in RabbitBrokerAdmin is allow you to either set the cookie explicitly, or use a different broker (running as you) on a non-default port.

Comment

Working...
    X