Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarking tips

Hi to all,
    I'd like to produce statistics about my Consumer application, something like:
    • min/max/avg rate of message processing
    • max queue size
    • min/max/avg of open files/ports
    • min/max/avg number of simultaneous queue producers
    • number of failures (rollbacks when delivering messages)
    • memory consumption statistics
    Is there something already available or should I implement an ad-hoc program?
    The RabbitMQ management console shows the current status of the broker but I don't know how to gather statistics from a certain point on..does someone has experience with that?

Best,
    Flavio

The management plugin has a ReST API...

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-mana...api/index.html

Comment

Thank you Gary, I didn't know about that! Great!
      However if I understood correctly those statistics are still run-time ones, I cannot see info like max queue size or average rate of message processing (from a certain point in time on), am I wrong?

Comment

I think that's all that's available, but it would be best to ask questions like this on the RabbitMQ Mailing List. That's where all the RabbitMQ experts hang out.

Comment

Ok..I'll do that! thanks for the help anyway!

Comment

Hi, Flavio!

Could you share the RabbitMQ guys's answer here? It may be useful for community.
            In my case we just show in our web-admin the page from RabbitMQ Management Console within <iframe>.
            And that was enough for customer.

Cheers,
            Artem

Comment

The thread starts here... http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/...ly/028848.html

The threading seems messed up so sort by "Subject" and navigate using "Next Message".

Comment

Working...
              X