I have a RabbitAdmin bean declared as follows:

Code:

@Bean
    public RabbitAdmin rabbitAdmin() {
            RabbitAdmin rAdmin = new RabbitAdmin(connectionFactory);
            rAdmin.declareBinding(binding());
            return rAdmin;
        }
    Everything works, but I have some lingering questions. I changed the name of the Queue used to declare the binding in another bean. I had previously declared it to the RabbitAdmin, but have since removed that line.

Code:

@Bean
            rAdmin.declareQueue( queue() );
            rAdmin.declareBinding( binding() );
            return rAdmin;
        }

I noticed that after declaring everthing to the rabbitAdmin, I can go ahead and remove the declaration lines, and the code still works as expect.

Code:

@Bean
            return rAdmin;
        }
    However, if I decide to change the name of the Queue, I must redeclare everything in the RabbitAdmin before the code runs.

Does declaring a binding or queue to a rabbitAdmin keep track of everthing declared to it forever? Is it because it's created using a CachingConnectionFactory?

It depends on the characteristics of the queue.

In general, you don't need to declare these elements yourself. The admin registers itself as a connection listener; when the connection is first opened, the admin looks for all the queues, exchanges, bindings declared in the application context and automatically declares them.

If a queue is persistent, you don't need to declare it every time but it doesn't hurt if you do (as long as the arguments are not changed).

Comment

Working...
    X