Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Recovering a RabbitMQ queue using commaind line or mgmt web UI Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovering a RabbitMQ queue using commaind line or mgmt web UI

Is it possible to recover a rabbitmq queue using command line or web UI?

In my configuration, I have a durable inbound queue delivering messages to a listener, and if something goes wrong during processing (ack is not received) it is delivered to an error queue.

I know there are various ways to do it using a Java or Python client (the basic.recover method called on a channel) but I was looking to see if this can be done via command line.

This is clearly not the correct forum for this question. I think the RabbitMQ main website is better for this (and the answer seems to be that transferring messages from one queue to another is not an out-of-the-box operation) and this forum also seems to have an answer for a more descriptive question: http://forum.spring.io/forum/spring-...or-queue-retry

Comment

You can set up a dead letter exchange so that rejected messages go there.

If you are using Spring AMQP (which is what this forum is for), you can cause incoming messages to be rejected (and not requeued) by setting the container's defaultRequeueRejected property to false (default true), or you can throw an AmqpRejectAndDontRequeueException to reject specific messages if you don't want that as the default behavior.

Comment

Working...
      X