Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer throws warning when idle.

Hi all,
    I'm using spring amqp as my message listener.

Code:
     WARN | SimpleAsyncTaskExecutor-1 | o.s.amqp.rabbit.listener.SimpleMessageListenerContainer | Consumer raised exception, processing can restart if the connection factory supports it. Exception summary: com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException: connection error; reason: java.io.EOFException
    My consumer throws the above warning periodically when it is idle.How can I stop this so that it doesn't flood my log files?

Thanks

Set the log level of the SimpleMessageListenerContainer category to ERROR ??

Or, resolve the network configuration that is the root cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Russell View Post
      resolve the network configuration that is the root cause.
      Thanks for the advice mate.

Comment

Hello Gary,

Can you please elaborate on what causes this error ?
        WARN | SimpleAsyncTaskExecutor-1 | o.s.amqp.rabbit.listener.SimpleMessageListenerCont ainer | Consumer raised exception, processing can restart if the connection factory supports it. Exception summary: com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException: connection error; reason: java.io.EOFException

We are running into this same issue currently (Environment: Spring 3, CloudFoundry (using rabbitmq as a service) and we are NOT using rabbitmq transactions). Also, as per documentation, we are using the "CachingConnectionFactory" and "RabbitTemplate".

From what i've observed, the problem seems to be with the producer. "RabbitTemplate" seems to be consuming the exception silently and i don't see any exceptions in the producer. When i log my messages that are supposed to be sent from producer, all are present correctly, but due to some connection issue, some of the messages are never put onto the queue.

Please suggest as to how to get around this ?

Comment

java.io.EOFException
          Sounds like the connection was lost for some reason, maybe a network switch or something closed an idle connection. As long as you use the default acknowledge (AUTO), the messages will be requeued and delivered when the connection is re-established.

You can enable heartbeats on the connection to keep it alive.

Comment

Working...
          X