Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message selector using SimpleMessageListenerContainer

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can tell how to use message selector with SimpleMessageListenerContainer...I want to pick up messages according to some criteria. I could not find any property on container to set. Please let me know how can I do this.

thank you,
    -raj

Unlike JMS, AMQP/RabbitMQ doesn't support message selectors.

One technique you can use to provide similar functionality is to use a topic exchange, together with routing keys that can be used by clients to bind specific patterns for their queue.

For example, 2 messages with routing keys 'foo.bar' and 'foo.baz'. A queue can be bound with pattern 'foo.*' and he will get both messages, but queues bound with"foo.bar" and "foo.baz" will only get one message each.

There are lots of tutorials on the 'net about using topic exchanges.

Comment

Thanks Gary for quick response. Actually, the selection criteria is known only at runtime so I won't be able to configure the queues upfront. I might have to create queues, then configure/start SimpleMessageListenerContainer to that queue, and once done stop/shutdown the listener, and delete the queue.

But I was wondering who would I find out that this listener is done consuming all messages and is ok to shutdown. i.e. the queue is empty now.

Comment

You can dynamically declare/bind queues whenever you want.

No, there's no AMQP API to detect an empty queue; but RabbitMQ does have a REST API which you can use to find that information.

Comment

Working...
        X