X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of Channels grows continually?

I am new to Spring AMQP, RabbitMQ, and AMQP in general and noticed that the # of channels grows continually larger in the RabbitMQ management console until I restart my AMQP application. At last restart, the number of channels exceed 20,000. Is this normal or anything to be worried about?

My fairly simple setup:

Producer:
    Code:
    	<rabbit:connection-factory id="rabbitConnectionFactory" host="192.168.101.161" channel-cache-size="20"/>

<rabbit:template id="businessProcessEventAmqpTemplate" connection-factory="rabbitConnectionFactory" channel-transacted="true" reply-timeout="10000"/>

<rabbit:admin connection-factory="rabbitConnectionFactory"/>

<rabbit:queue name="bus_event.sync" auto-delete="false" durable="true" exclusive="false" />
    	<rabbit:queue name="bus_event.async" auto-delete="false" durable="true" exclusive="false" />
    Consumer:
    Code:
    	<rabbit:listener-container connection-factory="rabbitConnectionFactory" error-handler="amqpErrorHandler" concurrency="10" prefetch="1">
        	<rabbit:listener queues="bus_event.sync" ref="processor" method="processSync"/>
        	<rabbit:listener queues="bus_event.async" ref="processor" method="processAsync"/>
    	</rabbit:listener-container>

<bean id="processor" class="processors.BusEventProcessor" />

Originally posted by mfork00 View Post
    I am new to Spring AMQP, RabbitMQ, and AMQP in general and noticed that the # of channels grows continually larger in the RabbitMQ management console until I restart my AMQP application. At last restart, the number of channels exceed 20,000. Is this normal or anything to be worried about?

My fairly simple setup:

Producer:
    Code:
    	<rabbit:connection-factory id="rabbitConnectionFactory" host="192.168.101.161" channel-cache-size="20"/>

<rabbit:template id="businessProcessEventAmqpTemplate" connection-factory="rabbitConnectionFactory" channel-transacted="true" reply-timeout="10000"/>

<rabbit:admin connection-factory="rabbitConnectionFactory"/>

<rabbit:queue name="bus_event.sync" auto-delete="false" durable="true" exclusive="false" />
    	<rabbit:queue name="bus_event.async" auto-delete="false" durable="true" exclusive="false" />
    Consumer:
    Code:
    	<rabbit:listener-container connection-factory="rabbitConnectionFactory" error-handler="amqpErrorHandler" concurrency="10" prefetch="1">
        	<rabbit:listener queues="bus_event.sync" ref="processor" method="processSync"/>
        	<rabbit:listener queues="bus_event.async" ref="processor" method="processAsync"/>
    	</rabbit:listener-container>

<bean id="processor" class="processors.BusEventProcessor" />
    After working with mfork00, I think it's this bug?

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/AMQP-190

We'll see if it's fixed in 1.1.2, as we're on 1.1.1

Comment

Working...
    X